Orientation: Getting Started with Distance Learning
Distance learning provides students with the opportunity to take the same classes offered on campus but in a different format. Distance learning courses may be completed at home, while stationed abroad, or on the road, if traveling.
- What do I need to know about Online Learning?
- What do I need to know about ELI courses?
- What do I need to know to get started?
- What do I need to know about technology?
- What do I need to know about other resources?
Participate in an ELI Orientation Webinar
Webinars are a great way to interact with an ELI staff member live and see some of the many online tools you'll use as a distance learning student.
Explore a Sample Course
This sample course is a typical online course. We encourage you to login to the course, and see if the online experience is for you.
- Enter Sample Course (a new window will open)
- Enter the username nvtrain17 and password nvtrain17.
- Click the Login button.
- Under My Blackboard Courses, click the ELI Orientation link.
Common Reader Program
A common reader program offers you the chance to connect with fellow students, faculty and staff over a common experience while introducing you to the variety of opportunities available to you as an online student.
|The 2013 ELI Common Reader selection is No Impact Man, by Colin Beavan. We will discuss this book throughout the fall semester using the Common Reader blog. If you would like more information about participating in the program email email@example.com.|